Iridium® from Stratos
Iridium from Stratos is the only truly global mobile satellite voice and data solution with complete coverage of the earth (including the polar regions). Therefore, Iridium from Stratos is ideally suited for the maritime, aviation, government/military, emergency/humanitarian services, mining, forestry, oil and gas, heavy equipment, transportation and utilities industries.
The Iridium constellation is the largest in the world, with 66 low earth orbiting (LEO) satellites operating as a fully meshed network.
Iridium from Stratos offers flexible billing and flat rates for calls from anywhere to anywhere on earth. As with all Stratos services, we offer you a fully-supported International Customer Care Center, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
- Global voice, SMS, voice mail and text messaging
- Call forwarding and restriction options
- Message notification
- 2.4 kbps data service - up to 9.6 kbps for web browsing, e-mail, fax or file transfers
- Ship Security and Alert Service (SSAS) that meets International Maritime Organization (IMO) requirements
- One phone number worldwide
- International access key sequence (+ key)
- Postpaid and prepaid offerings, including prepaid Crew Calling
- Wide range of accessories including docking stations that interface with maritime, mobile and fixed antennas
- Iridium Prepaid – ideal where is there is one phone and one user; prepay for services in advance to control your satellite communications costs
- Iridium GoChat – prepaid crew calling, via virtual or physical GoChat cards, available with 30, 45, or 60 minutes
- Iridium Short Burst Data (SBD) – send and receive short data transactions, ideal for the oil & gas, utility, rail, maritime, aeronautical and government sectors. Provided via the Iridium 9522 B LBT, 9601 or 9602 SBD units
Iridium may not be sold in any U.S.-embargoed country. At present, the only country where Iridium is not allowed to physically register on the network is North Korea.