With GSM Oceanwide, use your GSM cell phone onboard vessels at sea. Used in combination with FleetBroadband from Stratos, GSMOceanwide provides GSM coverage in deep waters.
In addition to enabling crew members to make and receive phone calls and send and receive SMS messages, GSM Oceanwide also provides reliable business voice connectivity, enabling ship managers to quickly contact merchant maritime officers.
No upfront capital investment is needed. The crew GSM traffic will not interfere with business phone calls and will be charged separately to the crew member.
- Voice calls (inbound and outbound)
- SMS messages (outbound and inbound)
- SMS notifications
- Phonebook and short dial code functions of the GSM phone
Benefits for Ship Managers and Owners
- Cost effective – no capital investment in hardware required
- Cost certainty – crew members are charged directly for their usage
- Separate bridge and crew calling - commercial and crew calls use the same satellite connection without any interference
- Predictable - yearly terminable contract
- Improved productivity – instant, easy access to people and information
- Security - reliable hardware and maintenance
Benefits for Officers and Crew
- Affordable - stay in touch with incoming/outgoing calls and incoming/outgoing SMS messages
- Privacy – make calls in personal quarters
- Familiar and convenient – use your own GSM phone
- Flexibility – multiple crew can make GSM calls at the same time